Monday
Creamy Pumpkin Soup - I had two pumpkins in the fridge so used up one on this soup.
Tuesday
Pancakes for Breakfast.
Lots of Roasted Vegetables and home-made Chicken Dippers, with creamy mustard dipping sauce. Jasmin helped out by making the chicken dippers. We had a build up of vegetables, it was a big meat week last week, so we needed a big veggie hit this week - Jasmin even got Brussel sprouts which she loves!
Wednesday
In the morning I took the girls to a Cupcake Decorating Class at Jazz Apple Cupcakes in Belconnen Mall, they had a lot of fun decorating 6 cupcakes each including cutting the fondant decorations as well.
Here are Eliza's cupcakes:
Here are Jasmin's cupcakes:
For dinner - Tuna Casserole, by Jasmin's request. She actually made it, so I only had to cook the veggies.
Thursday
BBQ at the coast.
Friday
Easter Friday so we BBQ'ed some salmon - I marinated one lot with soy, garlic, brown sugar and olive oil, and left the other one nakie! We served it up with some tossed salad, as well as a roasted beetroot, rocket, baby spinach and feta salad.
Saturday
We made a huge batch of spaghetti bolognaise and ate leftovers for lunch the next day.
Sunday
Another BBQ dinner with some salads, wombok and tossed salad.
Monday
Pizza Night - I could not be bothered cooking after we got home from the coast.
Tuesday
Soup Night on Tuesday Night instead of Monday, I made a spiced carrot soup with coconut cream (I have an oversupply of carrots once again - three bags!). This recipe had some lovely asian flavours including lemongrass, lime leaves, fish sauce and lime juice.
Wednesday
Eye fillet steaks with a peppercorn and whisky sauce (and vegetables of course!). I made some potato crisps in the oven, to serve the steaks on.
Thursday
We used a voucher Dave got at Christmas to go to "Legends" Spanish Restaurant in Manuka. We decided on Banquet #1 which was a selection of Tapas, garlic breads and salad, and then we finished off with Churros, a Lime Custard Brulee with Limoncello ice-cream and some Gelatos (vanilla bean, chocolate and caramlised fig), which we all shared for dessert. The tapas included chorizo, salt and pepper calamari, garlic and chili prawns, tortilla, meatballs, chicken tenderloins with a creamy sauce, potato wedges and marinated mushrooms.
Legends is worth a visit if you haven't had Spanish before, although I will say that it is quite pricey. They have a Tapas menu as well as a range of Paella and other spanish dishes. It's located in Manuka - next to the cinema.
Friday
Massaman Roast Chicken with Edamame Beans and potatoes. Vietnamese Affogato for dessert (the girls had the icecream without the coffee). The icecream is made by whipping together a can of condensed milk and 600ml of thickened cream, and then freezing for about 4 hours. It is delicious (but very sweet), I need the coffee with it, but Dave also likes the icecream without the coffee.
Saturday
Back to Goulburn for the ordering .... So pizza for dinner.
Sunday
Lunch to celebrate both Mum and Aaron's birthdays, so we each brought an Italian dish. We enjoyed meatballs, lasagne, cabonara, roasted vegetables, tossed salad, garlic bread, pasta and cheese.
So - that completes the last two weeks of food.
Di :-)













No comments:
Post a Comment