Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Kitchen Kapers Week 14

Monday

Guess what? Another pizza night as I had another exam!

Tuesday

We have an oversupply of carrots in the household this week - three 1kg bags in fact! We get one almost every week with the Aussie Pack, and then occasionally they catch up with you - so we ate like rabbits today, it was carrot everything.  Carrot and Chorizo Soup for dinner with garlic bread.


I also cooked this delicious carrot cake with cream cheese icing, which we didn't start eating until Wednesday.



Wednesday

Slow Braised Lamb - this was delicious, and will be written in "the book", to cook again. Made with lamb shoulder, it is braised with a mixture of beef stock, soy sauce and oyster sauce and other asian ingredients.



Thursday

Eliza helped me make the San Choy Bao from Adam Liaw's "Asian After Work". The girls loved this one.



Friday

Sausage sandwiches at the school disco!

Saturday

Chargrilled Capsicum and Lamb Burger, with Cucumber Raita.



Sunday

Sunday the girls and I had a great half day of cooking - we decided to do our very first "My Kitchen's Cool" competition at home.  We have really been getting into watching "My Kitchen Rules" together.

Eliza elected to cook entree (which she spells ontray), I did the mains and Jasmin did the dessert.  I let the girls cook whatever they wanted.

Eliza decided to do a tossed salad (arranged in a smiley face) with a honey and soy dressing (healthy - I know!)


I stretched myself and did something completely different. I made a beetroot and apple risotto, with smoked duck breast (which I smoked myself - first time ever for smoking as well as cooking duck), with a orange glaze (a sauce made on oranges, brown sugar, orange peel and sambuca).



Jasmin did an unusual dessert - grape jelly, kiwi and apple puree, vanilla yoghurt, chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate chips.... quite a mix LOL!



Anyway - take a look at this trailer for our cooking day!


Next time
Di :-)

No comments: