Thursday, April 17, 2014

Art Share

Eliza was in the mood for some art this week, so we pulled out the paints and did some masterpieces LOL!

Eliza did this piece which we have called "Poppy field at Sunset":




While Eliza was busy with her impressionist painting I painted a contour still life of some fruit. I'm not a big painter - more a drawer, so I was pleased with the results.




The next day Jasmin also did some painting with us. Jasmin and I decided to do some scribble drawings/paintings. This is where you do some random scribbles on a page, and then look for a shape in the lines - and paint based on this.

Here is Jasmin's - she found a swan in hers:


I managed to find two ducks in mine:



Eliza decided she would try a still life like my still life of the previous day, less ones piece of fruit - the Granny Smith Apple, as it got eaten that day!


Also managed to complete a couple of layouts this week, doing a short four week stashbusters course over at Big Picture Classes.  The first challenge was to use a geometric shape to create the background for the layout. I did two layouts. This first layout is of our "Our Kitchen's Cool" cooking afternoon - I used a square punch and flipped the shapes around to form diamonds. Made it into a quilt pattern using buttons on the corners.
 

The second layout is of Jasmin representing her school at the swimming at the AIS in the zone swimming carnival, in the 50m 12 years girls breaststroke. I was so proud of her, and even though I had two exams that morning I managed to get there on time as I did both exams in a short amount of time. It was her first time diving from the blocks - so she froze when the start buzzer went off and lost a couple of seconds, but she completed the race and I was just so proud of her (being the hopeless swimmer I am, it's nice to see someone in the family with some swimming talent).


Hoping to get some scrapbooking and more art done down the coast this long weekend!
Happy Easter
Di :-)

No comments: