Thursday, September 29, 2011

Family Choice Day and Layout Share

Yesterday we just kicked back at home. The girls didn't want to go anywhere, and neither did I. We decided that we would play family choice activities - this is where we each take it in turns to choose an activity which lasts for anywhere from 15 minutes to about 3/4 hour. So we:

- played a version of musical statues with Eliza - where she picks a theme e.g. butterflies, and you have to dance to that theme and then freeze when the music stops. I won, I think I was the favourite though LOL! Dave and Jas kept loosing points for moving!

- Jasmin chose to do drawing and scrapbooking - I managed to do one reverse appliqué heart on a layout, in the space the girls did two drawings.

- David's choice was to play the egg game - a game where you have a carton of plastic eggs, and you have to roll the dice and do things- the one with the most eggs at the end wins (that was me!)

- My choice was to do a neighbourhood walking tour, but when we walked out the front door it started raining, so instead we made Rocky Road cupcakes



- For our second turns we - had an egg hunt in the toy room with Eliza, played house hunt with Jasmin, musical chairs with Dad, and then for my choice we watched Monte Carlo the movie.

So as you can imagine the day disappeared quite quickly, but we all had a lot of fun.

Here is my layout share - sketch 4 from week 1 of Double Take. The colours are probably a bit brighter than I would normally use - but I think they co-ordinate well with the photographs.


Sketch 1 from Week 2 of Double Take



This is the completed layout that I stitched the reverse appliqué heart on to:



On another note - I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth this week, and have started reading Jasper Forde's "The Last Dragon Slayer" and the "White Tiger" by Kylie Chan.

No comments: