Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Double Birthdays and Double Takes

We had another fantastic weekend - starting Friday night we had takeaway night (Crust Pizza) with Jeff and Fiona and the boys, after a rather exhausting afternoon of taking Jazz to an Optimitrist appointment and Eliza to Speech therapy after school. So I really needed to sit down after I got home and eat pizza and drink wine and relax!

Saturday was rather relaxing - we went to the mall for lunch (Jazz conned me into Sushi Train and poor Dave had to eat Maccas in the food court with Eliza LOL!). After a brief stint of shopping we went home to enjoy haloumi/prawn and pineapple skewers for dinner and watched some movies (Mr Poppas Penguins was better than expected, but I was disappointed with the Green Lantern - actually I fell asleep!)

On Sunday it was back to Goulburn for a double birthday - our nephew Oscar turned one and our niece turned three. Jane did a great job of the cakes - sorry about the quality of the pics, but I forgot to charge the camera battery and we had to use Dave's iPhone to take photographs!

Some of the kidlets sitting enjoying some party food outside:


The birthday cakes:



Annie had to be lifted up - she's so cute and petite:



So talking about doubles, I am doing Double Take over at Big Picture Classes - it's all about doing double page layouts. We are given four double-page sketches a week with an example for each sketch completed by two well-known scrapbookers (Nic Howard and May Flaun). You can obviously change up the sketches, add components, remove photographs etc etc. Here are the fruits of my labours for this week:





Thought I'd also share some fav songs on my playlist - I might scrapbook this later, as it would be interesting to compare to the music I was listening to 20+ years ago - when I would have had a lot of Duran Duran and Tear for Fears (if there was such a thing as a playlist). That was back in the day, when we couldn't afford to buy every tape that came out, and I used to sit there on Sunday nights and tape songs off the radio! How times have changed. Anyway - here is a selection of my playlist at the moment:

The Chills - Blue October (Any Man in America)
Stay - Blue October (Any Man in America)
Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
1979 - Good Charlotte
The One that Got Away - Katy Perry
Monster - Paramore (from the Transformers sound track)
Rain Over Me - Pitbull featuring Marc Anthony)
Jet Lag - featuring Natasha Bedingfield
Somebody I used to Know - Goyte Featuring Kimbra (this one is Jazz's favourite at the moment)
Changed the Way you Kissed Me - Example
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Someone Like You - Adele

No comments: