Friday, September 16, 2011

a day at home

lucky day for the girls today.... schools are closed on this side of Canberra due to a Chemical fire at Mitchell - which is probably less than 10km from here. So we are inside, and not using heating or cooling - it's a nice day anyway, so no need. Dave is also working from home, as the buses are not running here either.



The girls are very good when they are at home. No need to get someone to look after them when I work, as they will look after themselves (and me with the occasional cup of coffee). They have been very creative today - lots of picture drawing, and Jazz decided to do a painting on her easel. Here she is in action:

Dave walked them down to the shops to get fish and chips - they were so funny, they rushed into their bedroom to put on their "high heels" (some wedges we bought yesterday - funny how trends do full circle).... and off they toddled to the shops and back.



They happily sat and watched a movie - not the same one, of course - they just could not agree, so they are on separate TVs, one watching Smurfs and one watching Scooby Doo.

After Jasmin's crafty efforts in the morning Eliza decided she should do some painting as well (we forgot to put a painting smock on her - so of course it resulted in getting yellow paint on her top!):


They are both now tucked happily into bed after eating dinner and watching Barbie Charm School.

I have done a couple of simple layouts over the last couple of days - all I have had time to do (not that my layouts are normally complex anyway - I'm a simple girl).

on this one I wanted to use a corrugated paper sheet as the background for that added bit of texture. The rest I actually lifted off another layout I had completed and just didn't like - now I like this layout much better:



These pictures are from over a year ago now - thought I had better put them in Jasmin's album prior to her 9th birthday:


Same with this one - it's approaching the next Halloween party - and I haven't quite put all of last years into the "Things We Do and Places We Go" album.



Haven't managed to read too much this week - almost all the way through the Fourth Saga of the Seven Suns book by Kevin J Anderson (Dave was pretty stoked when he got his autograph at SupaNova earlier this year), and I am about half way through the 8th Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Book - Blue Moon. Hopefully there will be a little more time to read next week.

No comments: