Monday, January 27, 2014

Kitchen Kapers - Week 4

Monday

Started the week with a good dose of vegetables in a chicken, basil and pepper stir fry.


Tuesday

Feeling kind of guilty that I am meeting friends for dinner tonight, and Dave and the girls are staying at home and having pizza, so I made them baked eggs with Dukkah and toast solidiers for lunch, followed by banana brulee with icecream.





Meanwhile I went to dinner at Morks Restaurant at the Kingston Foreshore. It was labelled as Contemporary Thai Food, we shared some entrees and some mains. I wouldn't say it was heavily Thai - it was tasty, but didn't have the flavours I would normally associate with Thai food - ie. coriander, mint, chilli, fish sauce etc, and I must admit I was still hungry afterwards.

This is what we tried:

Entrees:
Pan seared scallops with pig ear terrine (this was very tasty and probably my favourite)


Pan seared king prawns, pork and prawn wontons, ginger,and soy emulsion, pork master stock
Balls of blue swimmer crab and chicken mince on egg noodles seasoned with kacap manis, soy sauce and chilli. 

Mains
Hunter ’s plate - Fried spatchcock with young chilli relish, fried beef ribs with nham jeaow sauce, sticky rice
Char grilled chicken, traditional style marinade, with ginger and fermented bean relish, master stock poached daikon, jasmine rice scented with ginger and garlic
Grilled Red Mullet served tomato, red onion, coriander mint and chilli garlic dressing

Wednesday - Thursday

The girls and I went on a road trip with our friends Mel and Kate to Dubbo for three days. So it was all about eating out. Wednesday night we had take-away Thai food. Thursday night we had Pizza Capers for dinner.

Friday

Feeling a bit tired on return to Canberra from Dubbo, so I whipped up a quick vegetable soup.

Saturday

Saturday we went back to Goulburn for Nee's 30th birthday which included a BBQ dinner, with some yummy Filipino food included in the mix.

Sunday

Get didn't get home from Goulburn until 6pm, so we made a quick stop at the shop to get ingredients for a spaghetti bolognese - used sherry in it (Apera as it is called now in Australia) as I had run out of red wine - tasted great.

No comments: