This first page includes an oil-pastel drawing of myself - a self portrait. I sprayed it with fixative before adding it to the page, and ended up trimming off some of the edges and loosing a bit of the background (LOL the wine bottles in the barrel behind me) to fit it on the page. Looking at the picture I think I failed to capture the fact that I was smiling, and also I think I made my face too narrow at the bottom, but overall I am happy with the results.
This next page includes a watercolour painting of the Japanese Gardens which we visited with Mel and Kate on the way to Dubbo last week. I have never actually done a watercolour painting before, so I was pleased with the results, considering I am not a very good painter, and normally resort to drawing rather than painting.

Off to create some more art....
Laters Di :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment