Monday
We started the week with these Chicken Patties with Cabbage and Yoghurt Salad and char-grilled pineapple. Only thing missing really was some rolls or something.
Tuesday
Nan and Aunty Margaret came to visit so we had Chicken Saltimboca with rosemary potatoes and tossed salad, followed by leftovers of Jasmin's Orange Granita and Chocolate ice-cream. That night we had left-over summer bolognese from Week 1.
Wednesday
We had the trusty Tuna casserole with vegetables. The girls love tuna casserole, and often offer to make it for me as they know how it's made. It is really simple:
Mix together in a casserole dish - a can of "cream of" soup (we normally use cream of chicken), a large tin of tuna (drained), 3/4 of a cup of rice cooked, 1 cup of grated tasty cheese, 3/4 cup of frozen peas, 3/4 cup of frozen corn pieces, a chopped onion (optional). Add two crushed weetbix to the top of the casserole, sprinkle with tasty grated cheese and cook in the oven at 200 degrees until the top is melted and slightly browned.
Thursday
Jeff and I celebrated our combined birthdays (his on the day - mine is in 10 days time). We had a BBQ with all the usual suspects - including marinated chicken breasts, BBQ steak and snags, salads (including the Wombok salad as well as a watermelon/feta cheese/pine nut and rocket salad). I did make a different birthday cake for us - a red velvet chocolate cake with marshmallow icing and berries, served with a raspberry coulis. The recipe was from the Dec/Jan Donna Hay magazine.
Friday
Jazz is loving having smoothies at the moment, so for breakfast I made her a banana and mango smoothie.
I made these very quick avocado, pesto and egg bruschetta for dinner, the girls had left-over tuna casserole from Wednesday night.
Saturday
Saturday's dinner didn't really work out. I don't have too many kitchen failures, but this was one to add to the list. I attempted to make Adam Liaw's Crispy Beef and Shredded Carrot. It was crispy on the outside, but the meat appeared to be a bit stewed. So it really wasn't that nice. It did look like the picture in the cookbook though LOL!
Sunday
Sunday we had friends for dinner. Here was the menu:
To Start: Crusty Italian Bread with Dukkah, Blood Orange Vinegar, and Lime Flavoured Olive Oil. Cheese Board.
Al Fresco Mains: Homemade Nigella's Chicken Nuggets with a Creamy Mustard Dressing, Tandoori Prawns with Mango and Cucumber Salsa, Soy Marinated Steak with Coriander Relish, Chargrilled Pineapple and Haloumi, Shredded Salad (Jamie Oliver recipe from 15 minute meals).
Dessert: Summer Crumble with Vanilla Ice-cream (the crumble included peaches, nectarine, blueberries, strawberries and passionfruit - the crumble on top included shredded coconut for that summery touch).
I didn't take a lot of pics of the food but here are a couple:
Until next week
Happy eating
Di :-)
Mix together in a casserole dish - a can of "cream of" soup (we normally use cream of chicken), a large tin of tuna (drained), 3/4 of a cup of rice cooked, 1 cup of grated tasty cheese, 3/4 cup of frozen peas, 3/4 cup of frozen corn pieces, a chopped onion (optional). Add two crushed weetbix to the top of the casserole, sprinkle with tasty grated cheese and cook in the oven at 200 degrees until the top is melted and slightly browned.
Thursday
Jeff and I celebrated our combined birthdays (his on the day - mine is in 10 days time). We had a BBQ with all the usual suspects - including marinated chicken breasts, BBQ steak and snags, salads (including the Wombok salad as well as a watermelon/feta cheese/pine nut and rocket salad). I did make a different birthday cake for us - a red velvet chocolate cake with marshmallow icing and berries, served with a raspberry coulis. The recipe was from the Dec/Jan Donna Hay magazine.
Friday
Jazz is loving having smoothies at the moment, so for breakfast I made her a banana and mango smoothie.
I made these very quick avocado, pesto and egg bruschetta for dinner, the girls had left-over tuna casserole from Wednesday night.
Saturday
Saturday's dinner didn't really work out. I don't have too many kitchen failures, but this was one to add to the list. I attempted to make Adam Liaw's Crispy Beef and Shredded Carrot. It was crispy on the outside, but the meat appeared to be a bit stewed. So it really wasn't that nice. It did look like the picture in the cookbook though LOL!
Sunday
Sunday we had friends for dinner. Here was the menu:
To Start: Crusty Italian Bread with Dukkah, Blood Orange Vinegar, and Lime Flavoured Olive Oil. Cheese Board.
Al Fresco Mains: Homemade Nigella's Chicken Nuggets with a Creamy Mustard Dressing, Tandoori Prawns with Mango and Cucumber Salsa, Soy Marinated Steak with Coriander Relish, Chargrilled Pineapple and Haloumi, Shredded Salad (Jamie Oliver recipe from 15 minute meals).
Dessert: Summer Crumble with Vanilla Ice-cream (the crumble included peaches, nectarine, blueberries, strawberries and passionfruit - the crumble on top included shredded coconut for that summery touch).
I didn't take a lot of pics of the food but here are a couple:
Until next week
Happy eating
Di :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment