Wow - Week 7 already!
Monday
This week is our first week of new routines, with me starting study this week. This means that Monday nights are spent in front of the computer from 6:15 to 9pm, attending online lectures. Monday will therefore be "soup" night, and also one of Dave's fasting days, as normally soup falls into the less than 600 calorie category (as long as he doesn't have too much bread to go with it.)
This week I made Chicken and Herb Meatball Soup. The recipe is here. Dave forgot to take a picture, so I found the recipe on taste.com.au as well as the picture. I probably got the recipe out of the taste.com.au magazine (I have a cutting of it in a book I have pasted recipes I want to try from magazines).
Tuesday
Tuesday was sausage sandwiches at the sausage sizzle at the girl's school, as that was Parent Information Night. After we had eaten our sausages, I attended the sessions, while Dave walked the girls home via the shops to get an ice-cream!
Wednesday
Wednesday will now be swimming nights - but they don't start until next week. This week I thought I would start with the new routine of cooking a slow-cooked meal, which would be ready by the time we get home from swimming (I think this will be about 7:30pm this term). So this week I slow-cooked a Corned Silverside (2 carrots, 1 onion, silverside, 4 bay leaves, small handful of peppercorns, six cloves, a tablespoon of brown sugar and cider vinegar thrown in the slow cooker on low all day), which I served with a quick white sauce made by mixing together cream and seeded mustard (and then microwaving it). Steamed vegetables to accompany (and mashed potatoes of course!).
Thursday
Pizza night as Di has to go and do a challenge test to get an exemption for her course.
Friday
Dave's first EPIC Friday for the year, so all the girls went off to Pizza Night at Jeff and Fiona's. Fiona had bought special cupcakes from Jazz Apple cupcakes for arvo tea. They were delicious.
Saturday
A delayed valentine's dinner with Julie and Les at Tusmo Café and Bar in Forde. Lovely little Café/Restaurant. Staff were friendly and service was good. Food was great too.
Sunday
Sunday morning I made some delicious juice with the excess fruit in the fruit basket, which ended up being apple, orange, nectarine, pear and peach juice. It was really good. I used my new food processor with the maxi juice attachment to make it, as well as the citrus juicer attachment.
Sunday night we had Baked Risotto with Zucchini, Ricotta, and chargrilled capsicum.
Til next week.
Di :-)



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment