A fasting day for Dave , so a salad was the order of the day. I made a Thai Beef Salad with Noodles, but added some of the Shiso which I got from the food market in Sydney on Saturday. I made Dave and ours with the chili, but left the chili out of the girls salad!
Tuesday
Back to school on Tuesday, I had to drop the girls off at Jeff and Ona's so that I could go and enrol in CIT that afternoon, and wasn't sure what time I would be finished - so Pizza from Dominios was dinner!
Wednesday
Wednesday I also had to go back to CIT to hand in the enrollment form so I needed to make something that could be fed to the family while I was gone, and that I could have when I got back - so I made a Potato, Leek and Chicken Soup (I used a pre-cooked BBQ chicken for this recipe).
Thursday
For the first time I received Kale in the Fruit and Veg Box from Aussie Farmers this week. Kale is a member of the cabbage family, tastes like mild cabbage, it has large ruffled leaves, has a fairly course texture and is deep green in colour (I believe you can also get purple kale).
So with Kale on hand I found a Pumpkin, chorizo and kale frittata recipe in an older Delicious magazine. It was delicious, and I served it with a simple Lettuce, Cucumber, Pear and Parmesan salad.
Friday
Unfortunately the family had to suffer through some more Pizza! This time it was because the girls and I got home later than expected, and we wanted to get family movie night started!
Saturday
I made up for the pizza on Friday night with a meal of:
- Salt and herb crusted eye fillet steak with pepper sauce ( we buy our eye fillet from Costco - they are nice and thick, unlike the steak you buy in the normal supermarket ).
- Pan-fried potato, eschallot and kale ( and I still have some kale left to use on something else ).
- honeyed carrot
Followed by Salted caramel parfait. Now this one was made from a packet which Dave spotted in the supermarket, and it wasn't too bad. However, the salted caramel sauce which you were meant to drizzle over the top, was a bit too gluggy for drizzling!
Sunday
On Sunday we decided to go to Canberra's Multicultural festival, and sample some food from the food stalls. We decided to share a few things, so that we could try a few different things. First off we had a baked pretzel, followed by some dishes from the Ethiopian stall - two of the dishes were spicy like Indian food, and the yellow dish was made from split peas and was quite mild.
Not far from the Ethiopian stall Eliza spotted the Belgium Waffles:
The Tibetan stall was a big hit with the girls. We tried some beef and some vegetarian MoMos with some soy sauce:
On a little further we visited the Hungarian stand where we thought we would try the fried bread. It was served with a sour cream sauce which tasted like it had garlic in it. It was also served with grated cheese. Both Dave and I liked this one - it's not very healthy though!
Eliza could not resist getting some mango and chocolate icecream in a pineapple, with strawberry topping and sprinkles on top (I know - it doesn't really mix)! Best part was, that you get to eat the fresh pineapple after you have eaten the icecream off the top.
Dave and Jazz could not resist the chips on a stick. It's basically a curly potato fried and topped with different flavoured salts. Dave and I saw these for the first time in Tokyo of all places!
Sunday night I decided to cook a pasta dish - I was tired from walking around in the heat at the Multi-cultural festival. I made a Orecchiette with hot smoked salmon, peas and beurre blanc sauce. I thought it was pretty yummy!
See you next time.
Di :-)













No comments:
Post a Comment