Sunday, February 09, 2014

January Project Life

One of my goals this year was to do another year of Project Life. I bought enough supplies from work before they sold to do a couple more years of Project Life.

This year I have made a couple of minor changes. The first is the layout of the Cover Page which now contains a collage of pictures from the month, as well as a list of the things we have done, places we have been, achievements and so forth. The second change is the layout of the Calendar Page, where I have decided not to add any small pictures (as there are enough on the Cover Page), so I have used small embellishments instead.  The final change is the addition of a page each month - basically a food page, a summary of what we have eaten and cooked for the month. This is one reason why I have been doing the "Kitchen Kapers" blog posts - so that I can remember when I come to do these pages at the end of the month.  I thought it would be interesting to focus on this aspect of our everyday life this year. Perhaps next year, I will focus on a completely different aspect of our everyday lives.

So enough said, here are January's pages.







Eliza's "Big Day Out" was during the second week of January. I thought rather than doing a traditional scrapbooking page, that it was much easier to do a pocket page of the things we did on her day. The flip side of this page has Jasmin's "Big Day Out" on it, which was during Week 3 of January. Dave and I are yet to have our "Big Day Outs", but I think we will wait until Dave is better and able to enjoy a whole day out!






For Week 5 I decided on two pages, just so I could give the Tomato festival lunch that I had with my friend Michelle in Sydney, the space it needed.




Here are the two new food pages.  One thing I have found is that there are not a lot of food embellishments for scrapbooking pages, so I decided to create a couple of my own. The chicken is actually an oil painting, the tomato I created with a pen and paint dauber.



For this second page I painted a basil leaf with oil paints, the chilli was pen and paint dauber, and the tomato was a little oil painting.


So that concludes January's Project Life layouts.
Di :-)

No comments: