Thursday, March 07, 2013

Birthday Layouts

The girls had some great birthdays last year, so I have been working on completing those layouts to put in their albums.

Jazz had a sleep-over party with her class mates, and we had a ball with a very girly-girl pass the parcel which included lip glosses, nail polishes and the like; we played spin the nail polish bottle; as well as blindfolded makeup, which was pretty funny.  I wonder what she will want to do this year?

I wanted the page to feel celebratory as well as feminine to match the mood of the party - so I added some banners on the left page made from washi tape, and added doily die-cuts and chipboard as well as a pink glittered Eiffel Tower for the feminine feel.


On the actual day of their birthday (as opposed to their birthday party day), the girls get to pick whatever they want for dinner.  Jazz wanted her Aunt, Uncle and cousins to come over (the only relatives in Canberra)  and she wanted to have a Lemon Jelly Cheesecake for dessert/birthday cake. The Lemon Jelly Cheesecake is a family recipe given to me by my mother-in-law, which everyone in the family loves (I even have a layout on it in our family album).    The pictures weren't the best, but I pulled the lemon and blue colours from the pictures to pick co-ordinating papers and embellishments.


I finished Eliza's birthday layouts a while ago, but still wanted to document one of her presents.  That is - getting her ears pierced and earrings.  Jazz got her ears pierced around the same age (perhaps even a year older), I have always left it until they were ready to get them done - and if they never did that was OK too. The pictures were taken on my iPhone while we were in the Chemist.  I printed the two smaller ones on cardstock - mainly because the quality of the pictures wasn't perfect, and printing them on cardstock actually made them look a bit better than they were - and added some texture to the page.




I only have one layout left to do from last year's birthdays - and that is the food from Jazz's party. I did actually get an enlargement of a collage I created online - but the print was the wrong scale, so I will need to get it reprinted in a larger format as the top and bottoms of the collage were cut off. Hopefully when the girls look back on the photographs when they are older, they will remember all the effort put into their birthdays!

No comments: