I can't believe that it is February already! We have so much going on at the moment, and seem to have most of March booked out as well! We are super looking forward to a trip to the Dubbo Western Plains Zoo with the Holloway Gang - I have never been before, and neither have the girls. We also have a trip to Sydney and a trip to Melbourne planned, to check out the Gift and Toy Fairs respectively.
We enjoyed having the girls to ourselves on Christmas morning to open up their presents and checkout their Santa Sacks.
We left for Queensland a couple of days after Christmas, and stayed in a Q1 Apartment with a great view of Surfers beach and of Surfers Paradise.
Here are a few favourite pics from the holiday:
A sting ray at Sea World. The girls really loved Sting Ray Bay, and they even got to feed the sting rays:
We met the McAvoys at Sea World for the day, our girls had a great time:
I took this snap at Aunty Sue's place. We visited again this year for Aunty Sue's Birthday:
Aunty Sue's place is in a beautiful valley surrounded by trees and green fields:
We took a trip up to the Big Pineapple. Funny - the pineapple doesn't look as big as it did when I was a child. We took the train tour around the plantation and got off to feed the farm animals. Eliza had names for all the goats by the time we left.
Our apartment at the Q1 was great. Had a great semi-outdoor entertaining area, and the views were fantastic.
I found a little time to scrapbook over the holidays. I went through a stage on the holidays where I did fairly simple layouts, here are a couple of my favourite layouts.

So we're all back to school now, the girls are back a swimming lessons, and we have started dance lessons as well this year. Eliza started an Intro to Dance class which she absolutely loves, and Jasmin started Jazz Ballet (which didn't go as well, as she said it was too hard - but we'll see what happens).
Eliza started Pre-school, which she loves - "now I'm a big girl Mum!". So much different to Jassie, no tears, and you basically leave as soon as you drop her off. Jassie has been great this year. First time there were no tears on the first day of school. Although her best friend has repeated this year, she appears to be coping well, and enjoys going to school.
Lately we have all been having fun playing Rock Band. Jas is great on the drums, I normally end up on vocals, and Dave will play whatever he can get his hands on (although not too well I might add!)
We had a great weekend this WE - travelled to Sydney to go to this gorgeous girl's 40th birthday. It was a nice low-key event with just family and us.
And the best news of all this month, is that my lovely husband bought me one of these:
I have always been wanting one with the whole 88 keys so I can start playing classical music again. He did all the research himself and running around etc, and this turned up one Friday evening! Notice the music he bargained into it! Isn't he wonderful, he knows me so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment