It was our turn to do Christmas this year (this happens every four years). I always look forward to my turn. This year was no exception, although it was a bit of a struggle, having Glandular fever and just feeling really drained all the time. Unfortuneatly I was at my worst point Christmas week, with swollen glands I would not wish on anyone, very much custard, jelly and soup was all I wanted to have. Fortuneately my sis-in-law Fiona came over the day before Christmas to help with the preps and it all worked out on the day.
Here are some pics:
Rocky Road Christmas Trees and Truffles - they were pretty delicious!
Table decorations including some branches that my nephew Aaron spray painted silver for me, I hung red Christmas baubles from the branches (have a real thing for red at the moment - definitely my favourite colour this year!), Jasmin's placemats she drew for me and I laminated, bon bons (very decent ones that had things like tape measures in them!). I also got some new wine glasses as my Divic Video/Gloria Jeans Chrissie present (we always buy the staff presents for their birthdays and for Christmas).
All the little girls together. I never dress the girls in the same clothes, but I could not resist, when Mum sent these dresses up for the girls just before Christmas - they looked adorable.
New Years Eve was enjoyed in the city - we met up with friends Kylie and Jason and their children, enjoyed a dinner together at Woodstock. The kids went on the Merry-go-round and we all had ice-creams before settling in to watch the fire-works display. Loved watching the kids faces and hearing the "Wows" of amazements.
Before returning to work this week we managed to enjoy a few day trips (about all I could handle with the Glandular fever, next year we will try and go away for a mini break). We enjoyed a day trip to Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney, it was a convoy of three cars with the Dorsetts, Evan and Jane and us. Sweet Julie drove my car for me (What would I do without her!)
Travelled over to the zoo on one of the Matilda catamarans. Definitely the way to do it, they give you a tour of the Harbour as well (much more comfortable than the Sydney Ferries which we normally catch).
Dave and Eli looking into the Koala enclosure:
Group shot - Linette (Les's sister took this one for us):
Compulsory shot of the Mummy and baby gorilla - so very cute!
We have this same photo of Jasmin the last time she was at the zoo (3 years ago):
Several days after the zoo we took all the girls down to Jambaroo Water Park - it was quite a pleasant drive (Julie drove again the doll), it was a 26 degree day, which was fantastic. Lots of kids and adult water activities. Everyone conned me into the Python ride which was pretty scary - five of us in a big tube thingie going down a water slide really fast in the complete darkness. I think we went down a little faster as big Les was at the back of the tube. There were bob sleds, a beach with simulated waves, kiddies pools, waterslides, a big rock to jump off and more.
All the little girls at the top of the Octopus slide - they spent hours here:
Both Jasmin and Eliza cme down the huge slides. Our nephew Robert was waiting at the bottom to catch them:
No comments:
Post a Comment