Monday, January 15, 2007

Back to Work

Ok - there are a lot of photos in this post - and yes, I am too lazy to move them to the end of the post! They should add a feature to add them to the end of the post (or maybe they do and I haven't found that feature. So here are the pic's and I have a little, or should I say big, description at the end about our summer RELAXation.



My brother Jeff turns 40!



Our little Marilyn Monroe - Eliza, standing over a vent at Wildlife Park at Darling Harbour.



Girls looking at the Kangaroos at Wildlife Park.


Luna Park and Darling Harbour.





Well, I went back to work today - after three and a half weeks holidays. Davie still has another two weeks, I am insanely jealous. There is nothing more precious then spending time with the family.

We have had a really busy last week. Starting last Sunday with my brothers 40th birthday. The family chipped in an got him a Nintendo Wii - he was really surprised. It is a great gaming system, very interactive.

A late night Sunday night getting 3 lots of payroll done before heading off to Sydney for three days with Julie and Leslie.

We arrived in Sydney on Monday, walked to Centrepoint for lunch, done a little shopping, walked to Darling Harbour, and took the girls to the new Wildlife Park. They enojoyed it - Eliza was just gald to get out of the stroller, and ran around like mad. Jassie loved the animals and even had a snake put around her neck!!! After this we jumped on the Ferry to Milsons Points and went to Luna Park. This was our very first time at Luna Park. I get motion sickness, so I was just happy to chase Eliza around after she went on the couple of rides she was big enough to go on. Jasmin went on every single ride she was big enough for, including a roller coaster - she is a real dare devil (not like me at all!). A train ride back to Central to the Mercure Hotel, and a late dinner before crashing around 11:15pm.

Up on Tuesday - more shopping and walking! Dave and I ordered our wedding anniversay present (19th January will be our 16th Wedding Anniversay). We ordered our second Peter Lik photograph "Tranquil Bay" (Dave's turn to pick since I picked last years photograph). We also got to pick a smaller photograph of San Fransisco by night, where we went as part of our US holiday back in 1996 (seems like a lifetime ago).

Then off to Darling Harbour for lunch, and then all the kids rides, the play area, the paddle boats, and then Jasmin decided she wanted to do the bungie trampoline. We had a great time. Back to the hotel for a swim in the pool, and then a lovely dinner again, and off to bed late once more.

Wednesday we spent in Parramatta shopping at Parramatta Westfield, Julie and Les went to the Civic Video Regional Meeting (Dave and I just could not get our act together to get out of bed in time to go, so Julie and Les took one for the team). Wednesday arvo we drove home and did the movie ordering for February.

Thursday we spend in Goulburn and then drove back home on Thursday arvo so that we could get some washing and ironing done!

Saturday we went to the pool with the girls - Eliza is a real fish, loves the water, and wants to go and swim by herself (even though she cannot swim). Saturday night we went to our friends place for the most beautiful Tapas we have ever had. Needless to say, we went home very full indeed, and in need of a stomach pump. To finish off the weekend, we had our friends Joanne and Andrew over for a BBQ dinner - seems like we haven't seen them for ages! Ben, thir oldest is half hour younger than Jasmin!

Well, I think Jasmin and Eliza will be very happy indeed to see us both go back to work - they may actually get some rest!

I will post lots of pictures tomorrow night - in the process of downloading them off the camera - 731 pictures in total.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love the shot of Jas bouncing in the harness - how much FUN does it look as if she's having!!! and the marilyn munroe'esque shot of Liza is so sweet (smart girl too! instant cooling on a hot day...)
Glad you had a good time on hols!