Friday, January 26, 2007

FORTHELOVEOFEFFERS Dare #55

After my daily visit to my favourite blogs I was inspired by the following Dare on the FORTHELOVEOFEFFERS blog. The Dare is as follows:

The details: Choose the inspiration website based on the graphic design and layout of the site first... then twist it by using a color palette similar to the origin website inspiration. I love doing this and it can be really cool especially if the original design isn't a color palette you usually work in! Doing this really helps to push yourself creatively, taking you outta that comfort zone and forcing you to try something different.

Well, it certainly did force me to try something different. I have done the following page, inspired by the bright colours of the Limetart website. The page is quite a bit more "arty" then what I would normally do, but I love the results.

The page is about my favourite new word from Eliza which is Boo! The journalling is as follows:



You are sixteen months old in this picture and starting to say more words. Especially words which start with B, such as Bear, Baby, Baby Bailie and Bye. My favourite is Boo! You have the cutest little expression on your face when you say it. Here you are at our friends Ginny and Paul's playing hide and seek - hiding under someone's top. You popped out and said Boo!
26 December 2006

2 comments:

::Bek Geach:: said...

Nice work Di.
I soooooo searched for a website I loved.
Couldnt find one.
Oh well.... one challenge of the hundreds I miss out on. bahahaha.
I love yours
Bx

Mel said...

No wonder you love the result - looks fantastic - so bright and fresh - love that white swirl too...