Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ali Challenge #13

Ali's Challenge #13 goes as follows:

What are your essentials? If you had to get rid of everything and just keep a modest amount, what would be on your list? The challenge this week is easy: draft up a list of your essentials. What do you reach for time after time?

Well, here is my list of essentials:

1. Camera, Laptop and Photo Printer

Definitely cannot do without the Camera to take the pictures - for me it is a trusty Nikon D70. Love my camera. Also couldn't do without the Sony Vaio Laptop which I use to download my photos onto, before transferring to our server storage. Definitely couldn't live without my HP Photosmart printer - it does 4 x 6 as well as 5 x 7 prints. I tend to print the photos I scrapbook on this printer as I am never organised enough to take my photos to the printers.

2. Black and White Cardstock

Love scrapbooking on black and white cardstock at the moment. If I only had a couple of colours in my stash, these would be the ones. Always buying these babies in bulk (I bought 30 sheets of White in December and it is all gone already!!!)

3. Self-Healing Mat, Art Knife, double-sided tape, metal ruler

The essentials, without these I just couldn't do it. Also love my Guilotine, but hardly an essential as you can do without, just takes longer to cut stuff.

4. Black and White Pens, Stapler, Paper Piercer and Brads

Black and white pens for journalling, stapler for adding ribbon and other emblishments to the page. Couldn't last without the paper piercer for putting holes in the page for brads. As far as brads go, I think it is essential to have a selection of different colours and shapes and sizes.

5. Paint and Ink Pads, Alphabet Stamps

A selection of different colour paints (I like the Heidi Swapp paints), including black and white - which allows you to make an infinite number of colours. I also could not survive without my Chalk Inks - I use these all the time for stamping titles using the Making Memories Alphabet Stamps, I also use the stamp pads to create backgrounds - just by rubbing the ink pad across the page (however, you do use lots of ink this way).

6. Basic Grey Patterned Paper, Chipboard Letters and shapes, and Wholly Cow Rub-ons

Couldn't survive without these at the moment. The Basic Grey paper is just adorable. Could happily use just this patterned paper at the moment. Love also the chipboard letters for titles and monograms - painted or inked using the paints and inks from above. Definitely could not survive without the Wholly Cow Rub-ons - especially the Urban Calligraphy, Lace and Vines ones.

7. Letter and number stickers

Letter and number stickers in a variety of different colours and shapes. A must for titles/sub-titles.

I think that is it. Ask me in another couple of months and list may be completely different.

No comments: