Tuesday, February 03, 2015

There's no place like home!

We had a wonderful holiday in Phuket - it was steamy and hot, unlike Canberra, which saw a bit of rain while we were away, but it's sure nice to be home. Probably could have done with a couple more days to recuperate from our holiday before returning to work and school, but we really can't complain!

In celebration of being home in Australia, I've decided to cook some Australian dishes this week from the Delicious - Love to Eat cookbook which I got for Christmas.

Sunday night I made this delicious Barbecue and Chicken Salad with Passionfruit Dressing. It was great to have some salad vegetables without worrying whether they had been rinsed in filtered water!



I also baked some Anzac Cookies in the afternoon - delicious when served warm straight out of the oven.

I made these little Anzac Cookie Icecream Sandwiches for dessert that night as well. The ice-cream and Anzac Cookie recipe also from the Delicious Cookbook. They were extremely filling!


 Monday night I decided to make these Barbecued Sausage rolls with Red Wine Braised Onions. The recipe in the cookbook was actually for Beer Braised Onions, but I didn't have any dark ale or stout on hand, and substituted the red wine instead - I think it's still very Australian and I think the onions turned out a lot nicer with wine rather than beer!

 

I'll be back later this week with hopefully a Phuket Post as well as a food post!
Di :-)
xxx

No comments: