Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Kitchen Kapers Weeks 19 - 21

Hmmm.... I've let these slide a little. I'd better write something down before I forget!

Week 19 - Highlights

Monday - Beef Pho. First time I have ever made this one. I did involve boiling beef bones in water the previous night for a couple of hours, and some straining and mucking around. For all the effort, there wasn't the depth of flavour that I expected - next time I'll use beef stock from the container!


Tuesday - Easy Chicken and Tomato Curry, served with Naan Bread, spiced lentils and my very first preserved relish - a pumpkin relish.  One of the ladies at school has been kind enough to lend me a preserving kit some I can try some preserving out. The pumpkin relish was delicious!


 Wednesday Night - slow cooker night. Moroccan lamb shanks with cous cous.


Thursday Night - A family favourite - Slow Cooked Bolognaise. I know - two slow cooker meals in a week!


Saturday Night - I can't remember what we had for mains, but Eliza made dessert. This delicious Limincello Trifle with berries and chocolate.


Sunday Night - Mother's Day, and my gorgeous girl Jasmin made me Tuna casserole for dinner - so I didn't have to cook!


Week 20 - Highlights

Monday - Hot Smoked Salmon Chowder. I really liked this one!


Tuesday - As the new menu board sign says - Beef Beans and Soba Noodles with 4-3-2-1 dressing. This is from my recently acquired Anna Gare cookbook.



Wednesday - instead of the normal slow cooked Wednesday night dinner, I opted for lasagne. All I needed to do was throw it in the oven between swimming lessons, and it was ready by 8 o'clock when we all finally sat down to eat.



During the week sometime I cooked these yummy cupcakes which have now become Jasmin's favourite cupcake. They are a Cinnamon Banana Cupcake:


Saturday - we went to the Batlow Cider Festival during the day with our friends Mark and Michelle, I think we were a little dissapointed with the number of cider stands, but Dave and girls thought these were pretty yummy:


 We also headed across to Tumut, an hour away from Batlow, to visit the Licorice and Chocolate Factory. We did a tour and the girls also made giant freckles:


Saturday Night we came home to slow cooked Bloody Mary Lamb.

Week 21 - Highlights

Monday - Chicken Minestrone - variation on the normal minestrone. Both girls loved this one.


Tuesday - Lamb and Fetta Burgers, compliments of Eliza who made the patties with her bare hands LOL!


Wednesday - Pork and Beef Chow Mein. Girls liked this one too!


Thursday - Panko and fennel crumbed pork with apple and potato mash, and kale chips.  The Kale chips were surprisingly good - so I think when I get Kale in my veggie pack this is probably what I'll do with it as a preference.  Eliza did all the preparation and crumbing of the pork and even helped peel the apples and prepare the Kale.


Friday - you guessed it - PIZZA.

Saturday - Persian Spiced Fillet of Beef with Rosemary Potatoes and an Orange, Fennel and Persimmon Salad.  The Beef was from Anna Gare's cookbook, and the salad from Poh's "Same Same but Different" cookbook which has lots of interesting recipes in it - a blend of east and west.


Sunday - LOL, this dessert was meant to be for Saturday night but we ate it for breakfast on Sunday Morning!


So happy I managed to get that all jotted down, will be so helpful when I go to do my end of month food page in my Project Life Album!

Di :-)



No comments: