Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tennis Lessons

Just for something a little different this school holidays we decided to send the girls to tennis camp. Eliza is in Pee Wees (4 - 7 yo's), which only goes for 2 hours, and Jasmin in the half day camp which goes for 4 hours. They so enjoyed themselves (esp. Jas as she got to catch up with a old school mate that no longer goes to her school), that I booked them in for next week as well. To top it off, Eliza won the tennis ball container full of lollies (203 of them to be precise), as she guessed the correct number of lollies in the container! She said she would share them with Jasmin, because "I might puke if I eat them all by myself!"


To my great surprise, Eliza cooked dinner the other night. She is all of five years old, and insisted that she could cook us all dinner (including Nan who was a little skeptical). Well I am glad to report that we are still all alive, and she did in fact cook a great dinner. She has a bit of an obsession about cooking with eggs so she made a fritatta (only had to add the milk - otherwise it would have been more like a giant omelette!). She then chopped up vegetables from the fridge including carrots, zuchinni and capsicum. I thought the pieces she chopped were probably a bit chunky to cook through, but in the end they were just right - very rustic. She also made a tossed salad and some chicken flavoured couscous. All in all it was a great dinner, and I have decided that I will let both Jasmin and Eliza cook once a fortnight each... should be interesting. I don't let them stir on the stove yet or handle hot dishes, but I do let them chop up stuff with a steak knife (I only have to chop the end bits where there is not a lot to hang onto).

Have been beavering away creating layouts, mainly to include in course notes. Here is a sample from the last couple of weeks:











I've just got back from the park with the girls - its suddenly turned chilly, its a little early to start dinner, so I will sit and relax with a glass of wine and watch the girls bounce on the trampoline.

No comments: