Todays lesson is on signature style. Something which I have actually been working on over the last month, ie. defining my style. Figuring out what it is I like to put on my pages. It certainly has made scrapbooking a lot faster, easier and less stressful. So it's great to get the chance to put this down in words on the first day of the training.
Here is my style statement, and and example of a layout which shows my style.
1. I predominantly use white, nuetral or lightly patterned backgrounds with a fair amount of white space.
2. I love to frame my pages in some way - either a whole page frame matching the elements on my page, or a top/bottom border, or side borders.
3. I use lots of punches on my pages - either border punches or shape punches or both!
4. I normally use 1 - 3 cropped photographs on a single page layout or anywhere up to about 10 cropped photographs on a multi-page layout.
5. I use medium to long titles on most of my pages, using multiple sticker types on a single page, and normally with one word standing out in a larger sticker.
6. I predominantly hand journal on my pages now (its much faster) and I hand draw lines under my journaling. I love to tell a story with my journalling.
7. I normally do asymmetrical layouts with clusters of elements on the page, but I also like to do the occassional grid style layout - normally with lots of white space on the page still.
8. I also love to hand cut elements from patterned papers to add to the page.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your style statement. Your LO totally illustrates that style. It's really interesting to see each person's unique take on each of the elements that go into a page. Beautiful LO!
Post a Comment