Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Things that made me smile today

Sometimes when you've had an average day at work (I don't say bad, because I haven't had a truly bad day at work for years - just a frustrating day!) - I think you need to sit down and think about the things that have made you smile that day. So here is my little list of things that made me smile today:

1. The fact I had to drive home to get my hand-bag today when I got half way out of the suburb. It had my iPhone in it, and it's kind of an attachment these days (I hate phones - so it's pretty funny).

2. My friend Kylie played Plants versus Zombies on her iPhone at work during morning tea. Seriously addicted!

3. I am half way through Peter F Hamiltons "Fallen Dragon" book. It's EPIC, so the fact I am half way through is an achievement.

4. I did question and answers with the girls at bedtime tonight. Eliza's favourite animal is an Elephant ('cause it starts with "E"), Jasmin's favourite thing to do is "hug my Mum!".

5. The Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup I made for dinner (Jas said it was Delicious!). Hope nobody wants to kiss me any time soon!

6. Ok - wine makes me smile. I shared a bottle with my mum-in-law tonight, so I'm smiling (and I'm happy)!

7. Hmmm... the fact we have a new server at work, and it now takes two minutes to display a folder in the file system. I didn't build it, so I'm happy that I'm working from home the next two days! I'm also glad I didn't build it!

8. Jas brought home a small milk carton from school, she has to make something out of it by next Wednesday as an assignment for school - she's going to make a Lollie Box with a handle, suitable for a lollie bag for a kids party (I wonder who she takes after?) I thinks she's a bit clever though!

9. The concept of going to bed early tonight (who am I kidding?)

10. The fact Dave is in the Study "practicing" for his EPIC friday gaming session. LMAO!

I leave you with some pictures from last night. We finally managed to take Di (Mum-in-law) out to dinner for her birthday at the local Italian Restaurant (Wild Porcini). We walked there and back - so we had a couple of glasses of wine each, which was nice. The girls were so good. So glad we started taking them out when they were little babies, they are never any problem at restaurants (although they like to eat pasta with their hands!):




I also got this pic of Jas and a couple of friends on the weekend. They had played, and watched a movie and ran around - but when they got tired - this is what we found them doing (truly children of the Norty's - iPod equipped):


Quote for today: "Love doesn't make the world go around - but it makes the trip worthwhile."

1 comment:

Shane said...

Hmmm... I just had five weeks of holidays, so maybe I need to make a smile list after my first week of work :-)