Saturday, August 21, 2010

This Saturday Morning

Sitting here with a nice cappucino at 7:30am in the morning, and trying to play hangman with Jas at the same time. We have spent the week recuperating from a mammoth weekend last weekend. I think we broke the record for the most birthdays and special events in the one weekend.

Saturday we went off to Thomas' birthday. He turned four. The poor fellow wasn't well though, and didn't really enoy his own birthday. He had it at Monkey Mania at the DFO in Fyshwick. We were really impresses with the themed rooms there. Thomas had his in the Pirate room.

Then it was straight off to Goulburn, to celebrate Daves and his brother Evan's birthday at his sisters place. Julie kindly organised Pizzas and a food platter from the Infuse restaurant for dinner. Nan made a cake and a Lemon Jelly Cheesecake (everyones favourite.


I love this picture of Eliza - she is always in line for a piece of cake. She just loves chocolate cake, and normally goes back for two or three pieces.


Up early on the Sunday morning (4:45am) to put on two big crockpots of Beef and Red Wine Casserole and a big bowl of Wombok Noodle Salad for Chloe's baby naming day. It was a great day. Greg hired a jumping castle, which the kids had some great fun on. Chloe was adorable. She kept on clapping inbetween each reading at the baby naming - which we had in a Marque at the back of mum and dads place (lucky as it rained a bit, and there was a really cool breeze).

Fiona, Louise (a friend since Helen's Primary school days) and I were the God Mothers and Greg's brother Wally and his Nephew Brett were the God Fathers. Both Dave and I are Chloe's guardians.

We also got to celebrate Chloe's first birthday (oh how the first year has gone by so quickly), and Dave's 2nd 21st birthday!





It's now almost 11am. Jas and I have been out to her Kip McGrath lesson, and now we are all contemplating going to to vote and visit the mini school fete. We are then off to Toy's R Us to see if we can find a bike for Eliza's birthday. Her current bike is getting a bit small for her - she is growing so much taller.

Anyway, I have had a little time for scrapbooking, not a whole lot. Here are a couple of favourites from the last week or so:



The next two layouts are to go at the front of the 2009 sections of the girls albums. I wanted to use all those cute little photographs which would otherwise not be turned into layouts. I used a sampling of photographs which represent their year and their personality. I had a great time putting them together and remembering the little things they were into and some of the changes they had that year.



On the reading front I have completed another two books in the last couple of weeks and I am almost finished the first Anita Blake Vampire Hunter book, and have started the tenth Southern Vampire book.

I have finally finished reading this book:

If you like science fiction, you should definitely read this EPIC book. It is about 40 odd hours of reading, but so worth it. I guess you could almost call it a space opera. Certianly motivated to read a few more of his books now.

So the following have now been added to the completed reading list:
34. Hourglass - Evernight Book 3 - Claudia Gray
35. Fallen Dragon - Peter F Hamilton

See you later :-)

No comments: