Friday, April 18, 2008

Fresh Veggies and Layouts

All this week I have been cooking with vegetables from my father's or our very own vegetable garden. For someone who doesn't have a green thumb, there is a great amount of satisfaction in cooking vegetables you have grown yourself. These beautiful Pak Choi Leaves and very lonely zuchinni were made into a little Winter Stirfry. I made Creamy Pumpkin Soup, Rhubarb and Apple Crumble, Rhubarb Chutney (so delicious we had this as an accompaniment to grilled fish one night and as a glaze on meatloaf the next night), spinach and feta pie, and creamed spinach. Can't wait to get some more vegetables. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of some more zuchinnis in our veggie patch as I really want to mak zuchinni balls.



I had some time last night to do a couple of layouts. The ideas for these have been floating around in my head for a while.

This one of Eliza's uses SEI Dill Blossom cardstock,patterned papers and epoxys, a Heidi Swapp Chipboard Letter, and Basic Grey Sultry Chipboard sticker:


Jasmin's Layout uses SEI Dill Blossom Cardstock, Basic Grey Sultry Patterned Papers,, Glazed Brads and Chipboard sticker, and a Cosmo Cricket Chipboard Letter:


This layout uses the Dill Blossom Cardstock and flowers which I hand cut from a scrap of one of the patterned papers. I added dimension by adding epoxies to the flowers, and used a white journalling pen to draw some additional flowers. I used two different stamp sets to create the title.



This layout only took a couple of minutes and uses Sassafras Lass Papers, and a couple of stickers including a couple of alphas - all sassafras lass.

No comments: