Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kitchen Kapers Week 10

Monday

I received some silverbeet in last week's Fruit and Veg box - I like silverbeet, but it's really not a glamorous vegetable! The tendency is to just boil in or saute it and serve it as a side to the main meal.  I did a bit of a search through all my recipe clippings and found this Greek Lemon Chicken Soup, which used half the bunch.



Tuesday

A quick and easy meal of Sizzling Sesame Beef Stir-fry for Tuesday night's dinner.





Wednesday

I made this Beef Massaman Curry with Rice for slow cooker night. I used a light hand on the chili, as I didn't want to make it overly hot as the girls would not eat much of it if I did. Jasmin went back for three serves -so she thought it was nice.  It was even better the next day for lunch!



Thursday

The fruit and veg pack gets delivered on Wednesday night, so I decided to juice the leftover fruit from the previous week and use one of the rockmelons I received in this weeks pack (I received 2 for some reason!). This juice was delicious - I used apples, pears, 3/4 of a rockmelon and oranges to make this juice.



For dinner I prepared Chicken Puttanesca - this one was also very quick to prepare. Essentially chicken fillets baked in the over with olive oil and dried oregano. The sauce was made from cherry tomatoes, anchovies, capers, olives. garlic and olive oil. I made a simple green salad to go with it, and couscous - which the girls love. Eliza always eats all the leftover couscous after everyone has had some.



Friday

Dave had his fourth operation tonight, so the girls were on our own for Movie Night. This week we decided to walk down to the local takeaway. Jasmin got a small pizza - which ended up being awfully oily. I think Eliza was the only one who liked her chips and gravy!

Saturday

Dave really felt like some pizza, so we ordered in tonight.

Sunday

Spaghetti Bolognese tonight - nothing fancy, not even slow-cooked!

No comments: