Friday, January 04, 2013

2013 Goals


I am starting the New Year with a list of five goals for twenty-thirteen. Apart from a reading goal of 70 books last year, I don’t normally do the whole New Year’s Resolution, goal-setting thing. This year, considering how well I went with my reading goal last year (103.5 books - I couldn't finish one book), I decided I would set myself five goals for this year.

#1           Read more books than I did last year – this year my goal is to get to 113 (10% more than 2012). Not sure whether I can achieve this – but I am going to try (perhaps some skinnier books this year – no EPIC 40 hour Peter Hamilton reads?)

#2           Take myself on an “Art Journey”. It’s been so long since I have picked up a pencil to draw, that I would like to try and find a bit of time each week to do something “arty”. The girls are keen to join me – so I purchased a book called “One Drawing a Day” and we have completed the first two challenges. The challenges include everything from drawing with pencil, pen, ink, charcoal and crayons , to painting with acrylic, oils and watercolours. Jazz also has a doodling book, and Eliza a 52 Art Projects book, so we plan to utilise these throughout the year as well.  This week we are drawing – today’s challenge was to be inspired by the garden, so we sat outside and drew Jasmin’s new Bonsai she got for Chrissie from her Aunt and Uncle.  I also drew a succulent, Jazz added one of the outside statues - whilst Eliza got creative with some spiders and butterflies! We were meant to use ink - but couldn't figure out how to use the new calligraphy pen, so decided on our trusty Typo pens. Here’s what we ended up with:

Mine:
Jasmin's:
Jasmin's Day 2 Challenge
Eliza's:

#3           Drink Less – alcoholic beverages that is!  Perhaps I’ll start this one in February after our trip to NZ. J

#4           Exercise (I won’t say exercise more – as I currently don’t do any exercise apart from running after the girls and Dave!).  I am honestly not sure how I am going to achieve this one!

#5           Complete a Project Life album. I’ve never done one – and I would like to record more of the everyday life we have, as I think the girls will be interested in it later on. I wish I knew more of the details of my everyday life growing up. I am armed with some WeR Memory Keeper photo sleeves and some Sn@p papers and embellies, and am set to go!

Wish me luck!

PS. I've also decided to simply the look and feel of the blog!

No comments: