Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Things

Starting to get excited about my space being built coming up this Friday. We have emptied out the rumpus room - tidiest its been in years (hehehe):


You may wonder where all the stuff is? Well its in the garage, and my car is out on the driveway. Maybe it will rain and get a wash! I'm looking forward to posting some completed pics of the room, and also having a big purge of stuff as I put stuff back into the room!

I had to take passport photos for Jasmin this week. She is less than 18 months old on her first passport (so cute). It's now expired and she has to get a new one before our trip to Hawaii. Here are some pics that didn't make the cut!!

She was pretty upset at the beginning of this week, she found Eliza's purple goop outside and put it on top of the Lion statue, and told Eliza to take it inside. Eliza either didn't hear her (or ignored her), and this is the result:

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove goop from stuff? I'm guessing not. Statue might make a good Halloween decoration now. Will have to make the trip down to Mittagong to see if we can buy another one. After she took me out to show me, I could hear her mumbling to herself (she talks to herself just like I do) - "Oh why was I so stupid, I can't believe I did that". She had a couple of tears, but what can you do - accidents happen.

The bike for Eliza's birthday has really gone down well. She rides it all the time. She rides it down to school to pick up Jasmin in the afternoon. The new Barbie helmet is a hit as well. She announced the other day that she was no longer into Dora, she's a big girl now, so she loves Barbie.

Jas has almost finished her Diorama - still can't believe they are expected to construct one all by themselves (she's only 7!) She had to pick an environment she would like to work in - so she picked a restaurant. Here is the almost completed product - notice the art work she painted and added to the wall, and the bottles for the bar area!

Both excited and nervous about Singapore. I know I'll miss the girls even though they are in good hands! Last time we went away it was only 10 days - this time it's 14. I think mummy will find it harder than they will! So looking forward to taking them away to Hawaii. Only 11 more sleeps to Singapore ....

BTW - finished books 39 and 40 for the year:
39. Anita Blake Series - Vampire Hunter Book 2
40. Steig Larrson - The Girls who played with Fire

Now reading the last Steig Larrson book.

1 comment:

Shane said...

I loved the Steig Larrson books last Summer. Anita Blake - not so much. I'm reading "Bullet" at the moment and it's just too repetitive. The ardeur thing is just too much. The early books were great though...
Hope all is well at your end... jealous of your impending holidays!