Thursday, July 15, 2010

This week

The girls had such a good time today with their Aunty Gen. She took a days leave to come up and visit the girls and have a play. I had to work, but it was fun listening to them play. She had to play on the computer, play princesses (she got to be the evil witch and the prince), barbies, hide and seek, and so many other games. She is a lot of fun:
He he he - they made her dress up:


They played hide-and-seek - the pantry cupboard is a favourite.

Tomorrow Nan is taking them back to Goulburn for a play-date with their cousins - they are so looking forward to it. They are also looking forward to a big weekend, including a trip to see Disney on Ice.

Last night I had a wonderful dinner with old friends at Chairman and Yip, it was such a nice evening. I haven't seen some of the Oracle User Group committee (of which I was VP and treasurer and Oracle Liaison at various points in time) for several years. We couldn't get our act together 3 years ago - so they organised a farewell dinner for me last night, which was so much fun. Some of them have changed jobs, have a few more children, it was just great catching up!

Marcel and I worked together for many years at Oracle, our friendship has stood the test of time, although we don't see each other very often these days:


Stuart is now President of the Group, he was one of my favourite clients, when I worked at both Oracle and ASG many years afterwards:

I also caught up with Kat, who I worked with at ASSIST/ASG, she is still adorable, and now sells air-conditioners at Fujitsu (only joking - she's in IT!). Dan, Alex and Dom are still quiet and unassuming, and Shaun is still Shaun.... very confident!

I have managed to complete several books this week (books 31 and 32 for the year):
31. Melissa Mar's - Ink Exchange (book 2 of Wicked Lovely)
32. Claudia Gray's Evernight (Book 1 of a series - very much young adult, but very easy to read)

I have started the second Evernight book, and just considering what other book I am going to read as well. So many good books to read, not enough time to do it in.

My quote for today:

"Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee".

I do drink a lot of coffee - if having a great family and friends, happy children and loving life are a measure of success, than I think I've made it!
PS. I get my coffee machine back next week - Yay! Have to remember to pick up coffee beans on the weekend. Hello to decent coffee, and goodbye to instant!

No comments: