Friday, March 06, 2009

Tokyo Diaries Day 1

I think my little girls handled our departure much better than I did. I felt strangely hollow as we rounded the corner of the cul-de-sac, I was waving madly out the back window of the cab (I think I pulled a muscle doing this!) I had to wipe away the tears as we flew out of Canberra, directly over Nicholls... Dave was already asleep.

It is much harder to go away on a planned holiday without the girls, then a "work-forced" trip. Jasmin took the news of our one week holiday to Tokyo a lot better than I had thought she would. There were a couple of tears when i told her almost a month ago, which quickly disappeared when I told her I would buy her a present, and that her Aunt, Uncle and Cousins were coming to stay for the weekend while we were away.

Tonight, Dave and I sat in the bar of Mercure Hotel, and had a drink together, it was nice to re-connect and just chat. For the first time in over six years I also got to luxuriate in a bubble bath all by myself, in complete privacy, a bit of a novelty these days.

This one week trip will be hard, I think the girls will be just fine, but I already miss them terribly - they are a part of me; and a part of us that we cannot live without.

Tomorrow the second leg of our journey begins!

No comments: