Saturday, November 15, 2014

Super Simple Challenges

Started a class on Big Picture Classes - Super Simple Challenges, just to get back into doing some scrapping and catching up on 2013 and 2014 pages mainly for the girls albums.

The idea is that the pages only take 15 minutes to do, so I can do one in the morning before I get ready for work.

Here are my first four layouts from the challenges:

Challenge 1 - was to create a layout using two 4x6 portraits and one 6x4 landscape, with the idea being to fill in the gap at the left bottom corner with some embellishments. Since I wanted to do a Halloween Disco layout, I found this great skull paper, so I decided to print smaller 3x4 photographs instead, so you could still see the background paper. This layout is going into my Project Life Album - so appears in the November section as the Halloween disco was a week after Halloween.



Challenge 2 - The challenge was to line up four pictures in a row and add a pocket for the journalling on the right. As you can see I used more than four photos - I added an extra row, so that I had enough photographs to remember and represent the event - my sister's 40th birthday party. This layout also goes into my Project Life album in the November section.



Challenge 3 - The challenge was to use 4x6 photographs in the below configuration, but cropped to 4x4. I decided instead to use 3x4 photographs, as I could save even more time, by not having to crop them, as well as giving me a little more white space on the page. I also omitted one photograph and replaced it with a journalling block. These photographs are from Eliza's birthday last year at Let's Play, with her friends from school, and her younger cousins. This layout is for Eliza's album.



Challenge 4 - The challenge was to use cropped photographs, presented in staggered columns - which is exactly what I did. The photographs are of Eliza opening her presents on the morning of her 8th birthday last year. This layout is also for Eliza's album.



Off to make breakfast for the girls and to contemplate the next challenge - journalling using a number.

Di :-)




No comments: