Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Update

Looking forward to a long weekend this weekend.

We had a fab weekend last weekend, enjoyed some time with the family at Dad's birthday (65), and Barbara's birthday (85). We also had the opportunity to take a few family portraits as well. Makes me wish that we had started taking pictures at every family function so that we could see the changes over time. I couldn't get over how big my nephews had gotten - they are all almost as tall as their mum and dad, and I think Aaron is marginally taller with Cam hot on his heels!



Great to get a picture with the girls as well, love how the girls are always trying to pose:


We essentially had the day at home on Saturday, great chance to wind down and just chill out with the girls. I made some rather brightly coloured muffins on the weekend (the girls were meant to help make them, but did their normal disappearing act half way through) - the muffins were meant to have a pastel icing on them, but I'm not sure how you are only meant to get one drop of food colouring into the icing without a dripper. Anyway, I decided to call them lego cupcakes:


The girls were cute in the afternoon, they decided to make a cubby house in the cinema room using some chairs and a fitted sheet. They then decided to make beds under the cubby house and asked whether they could sleep the night there - which they did! However, we removed the roof of the cubby as they were afraid that it would fall on them in the middle of the night and they would suffocate!


On the book front I have added another 5 books to my tally over the last two weeks bringing the total of books read this year to 35:

- Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (book about Angels)
- Book of the Dead by Patrica Cornwell (crime/thriller)
- Fall - Book #2 of the Strain by Guillermo Del Torro and Chuck Hogan (really gritty action/vampire book)
- Hush Hush - Book #1 of Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick (about Fallen Angels)
- Bloodfever - Fever Series Book #2, By Karen Marie Moning (Book about the Fae)

Thought I would leave you with a few recent layouts, mainly for course notes/examples for work:






Well - I'm off to bed, catch you later!

No comments: