Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Weekend...

has simply flown past. We caught up with Jeff and Fiona for a coffee on Saturday before heading to the Mall for lunch, and doing one weeks worth of shopping. Cost us more than $150 extra doing it at Coles though, as opposed to the bulk 5 week shop I do at Aldi/Woolworths/Coles. Maybe taking the girls and Dave was not a good idea though, as we walked out of the supermarket with way more we needed. Anyway - doing a 5 week shop next week, after I de-frost our second freezer so we can actually fit food in it(yep - the one in the garage is not frost-free).

We spent Saturday arvo doing housework, playing, watching a new scooby-doo and making Aunty Gen birthday cards (one from each girl). I have to buy more Glimmermist spray now, as they go a bit crazy with it, but have a heap of fun! Made a delicious soup that night with Pork Meatballs, Udon Noodles and pak choy. Girls loved it too - I didn't put chilli in theirs though! Have to start adding more spices to their food gradually so I can start cooking more spicy Thai food again - perhaps I should start on a few mild Indian curries!

Sunday was spent making these beautiful cup-cakes:


and going to Gen's birthday at Hogs Breath, following by bowling at the Belconnen AMF Bowling alley (got cheap $5 games before I went - as I have one of those AMF bowler cards - not that we go bowling often!). We had time before we drove from Civic to Belconnen for a couple of goes on the Merry-go-Round:




Eliza won her first game of 10-pin against Jas and little tiny Annie. I'm ashamed to say she actually got a better score than I did against Evan, Jane and Dave! I am pretty hopeless though - balls too heavy (that's my excuse anyway!). Thank God Jas won her second game against Eliza, otherwise there may have been tears!




Now for a couple of recent layouts - will post some more later (as internet performance is not the best tonight!):




No comments: